The color and consistency of your semen say lot about your health.
Semen samples created for lab samples by means of masturbation can be of a lower quality than those retrieved from spermicidal-free condoms after intercourse. Something to think about, if you’re going to be tested.
The 8 signs of healthy sperm are:
- The semen should have a white-grey color.
- Your semen should either have no noticeable smell or a slight chlorine-like smell.
- Your semen should have a thick, sticky consistency (be viscous) immediately upon ejaculation. It should liquefy after around 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you have abstained from sex for two to seven days, your semen should have a volume of between two and six ml.
- The semen should have a homogenous, even appearance.
- Your semen should not contain any visible Particles.
- Your semen should not contain any blood.
- It should be slightly alkaline with a pH level of between 7.2 and 8.2. Yes, you can buy pH test strips online rather easily if you’re into “science experiments”.
“The properties of semen, such as color, viscosity, and volume can slightly vary among different men. Furthermore, they can vary in one person, depending on nutrition and level of hydration. Smoking and alcohol abuse can also affect these variations.”